The Modlite heads are undergoing an in-line upgrade. The new head is slimmer but still provides the same output and runtime as the original heads. Performance is NOT affected. This light will ship with the new head.
Modlite PLHv2 Light Head
While lumen output with this light is similar to the Surefire M600DF, the throw is much better suited to allow PID (Positive ID) at greater distances at more than three times the amount throw than the M600DF. This light is a large step forward from the PLHv1 light. Lumen output is about the same but throw is greatly improved. It is the best balance of flood and throw available.
- Cool White 5700K emitter tint
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Drivers are fully potted and tested to withstand select fire SCAR 17 recoil.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Approximately 1350 out the front lumens and candela is approximately 54,000. It is an excellent overall light head good for indoor or outdoor use.
- 6061 Series Alum bezel with Mil-Spec Hard Anodizing.
- Ultra clear BOROFLOAT® lens allows 98-99% light transmittance.
Lithium CR123 cells are not supported and if used will cause the cells to heat up and possibly explode or catch fire. We recommend the KeepPower 18650/18350 high drain cells which can be found here. Runtime is about 80 minutes with 18650 and about 40 minutes with the smaller 18350 cells.
Do not stack 18350 cells into an 18650 body this can cause the light to malfunction. Only use 18650 cells in 18650 bodies and 18350 cells in 18350 bodies.
If you have any questions about batteries please check out our FAQ section about batteries here.
Want to read more about Modlite Systems and their company? Check out this article from AR Build Junkie. Also, check out the informative FAQs for Modlite products, batteries and light outputs in general.
You can also purchase the PLH , OKW and IR Head separately for your Modlite or Surefire M600DF Bodies. The Modlite 18350 and 18650 bodies work with all Surefire Scout tape switches, tailcaps and mounts.