The Modlite heads are undergoing an in-line upgrade. The new head is slimmer but still provides the same output and runtime as the original heads. Performance is NOT affected. This light may ship with the new head.
This light package contains a PLHv2 light head, 18350 body and tailcap. It also includes two KeepPower 1200mAh 18350 batteries and a Nitecore D2 charger.
While lumen output with this light is similar to the Surefire M600DF, the throw is much better suited to allow PID (Positive ID) at greater distances at more than three times the amount throw than the M600DF. This light is a large step forward from the PLHv1 light. Lumen output is about the same but throw is greatly improved. It is the best balance of flood and throw available.
- Cool White 5700K emitter tint
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Drivers are fully potted and tested to withstand select fire SCAR 17 recoil.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Approximately 1350 out the front lumens and candela is approximately 54,000. It is an excellent overall light head good for indoor or outdoor use.
- 6061 Series Alum bezel with Mil-Spec Hard Anodizing.
- Ultra clear BOROFLOAT® lens allows 98-99% light transmittance.
- Length w/ Clicky tailcap: 4.25″ / 108mm
- Head Diameter: 1 3/16″ / 30.16mm
If you have any questions about batteries please check out our FAQ section about batteries here.
Want to read more about Modlite Systems and their company? Check out this article from AR Build Junkie. Also, check out the informative FAQs for Modlite products, batteries and light outputs in general.
You can also purchase the PLHv2 , OKW and IR Head separately for your Modlite or Surefire M600DF Bodies. The Modlite 18350 and 18650 bodies work with all Surefire Scout tape switches, tailcaps and mounts.