The Modlite heads have undergone an in-line upgrade. The new head is slimmer but still provides the same output and runtime as the original heads. Performance is NOT affected. This light will ship with the new head. All Modlite lights now come with ONE battery and an optional charger.
The Modlite PLHv2-18650 Handheld Light Package contains a PLH V2 light head, 18650 body and tail cap. It also includes ONE 3500mAh 18650 battery and an (optional) Xtar charger. While lumen output with this light is similar to the Surefire M600DF, the throw is much better suited to allow PID (Positive ID) at greater distances at more than three times the amount throw than the M600DF. This light is a large step forward from the PLHv1 light. Lumen output is about the same but throw is greatly improved. It is the best balance of flood and throw available.
- Hand assembled in and tested in the USA.
- Compatible with Raven Concealment & Thyrm Switchback pocket clips
- Lifetime guarantee
- Approximately 1350 out the front lumens and candela is approximately 54,000. It is an excellent overall light head good for indoor or outdoor use
- 6061 Series Alum bezel with Mil-Spec Hard Anodizing.
- Drivers are fully potted and tested to withstand select fire SCAR 17 recoil.
- Ultra clear BOROFLOAT® lens allows 98-99% light transmittance.
- Length w/ Clicky tailcap: 5 1/2″ / 140mm
- Head Diameter: 1 3/16″ / 30.16mm
Lithium CR123 cells are not supported and if used will cause the cells to heat up and possibly explode or catch fire. We recommend the KeepPower 18650 high drain cells which can be found here. Runtime is about 75 minutes with the supplied 18650 cells.
If you have a question about batteries please check out our FAQ section about batteries here.
Want to read more about Modlite Systems and their company? Check out this article from AR Build Junkie. Also, check out the informative FAQs for Modlite products, batteries and light outputs in general.