This 5000k PLH light head is a direct replacement for the Surefire M600DF head. It can be used with the Modlite 18650 body or the smaller Modlite 18350 body. While lumen output is similar to the Surefire® M600DF head the throw is much better suited to a rifle mounted application at almost twice the amount of throw over the M600DF.
- Neutral White 5000K tint vs. the standard PLH 5700k tint (Light output is not affected)
- Hand assembled in and tested in the USA.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Approximately 1500 out the front lumens and candela is approximately 29,000. It is an excellent overall light head good for indoor or outdoor use.
- 6061 Series Alum bezel with Mil-Spec Hard Anodizing.
- Ultra clear BOROFLOAT® lens allows 98-99% light transmittance.
Lithium CR123 cells are not supported and if used will cause the cells to heat up and possibly explode or catch fire. We recommend the KeepPower 18650/18350 high drain cells which can be found here. Runtime is about 75 minutes with 18650 and about 35 minutes with the smaller 18350 cells.
Do not stack 18350 cells into an 18650 body this can cause the light to malfunction. Only use 18650 cells in 18650 bodies and 18350 cells in 18350 bodies.
If you have any questions about batteries please check out our FAQ section about batteries here.
Want to read more about Modlite Systems and their company? Check out this article from AR Build Junkie. Also, check out the informative FAQs for Modlite products, batteries and light outputs in general.
You can also purchase the PLH , OKW and IR Head separately for your Modlite or Surefire M600DF Bodies. The Modlite 18350 and 18650 bodies work with all Surefire Scout tape switches, tailcaps and mounts.